We issue letters of recommendation for applications in academic environments. (E.g. if you are applying for a Master Program or a Graduate School - please no inquiry for business schools.)
We only issue a letter of recommendation, if You have attended and passed at least two of the chair’s courses with success. In addition, we assume that we got to know You in one of our seminars.
The letter has to be directed towards a certain adressee. We will not issue letters of recommendation which are kept general.
Please note: while writing letters of recommendation is time intensive, adjusting a letter for the application for a different program is not. This is why we urge you not to request an unnecessarily large number of letters from different chairs. For example, if you apply to 5 different programs, we are happy to provide you with 5 letters of recommendation. Please do not keep 5 different professors busy writing one letter each!
We require the following documents for the issuing of a letter of recommendation:
- Motivational letter: a) your motivation for the application b) reasons for your particular suitability
- Transcript of records of the attended courses at the chair
- A current transcript of records and a graduation certificate if applicable
- Curriculum vitae
- Exact E-mail or mailing adress, where we should send your letter. Or if applicable let us know, if the institutions will concact us.
- requirements regarding the letter of recommendation – as recommendations are demanded in varying forms by the different institutions, it is your responsibility to inform us about the corresponding requirements.
Please send us ALL the necassary information in ONE e-mail. Please note that we only process your application, if you provide us with all the necessary information.
If you meet the requirements, please send all documents mentioned above to the following e-mail address: Kathrin.Wunner@uni-passau.de. You will be informed in contemporarily, whether your we will issue a letter of recommendation for you.
Please allow for at least three weeks from the point of handing in the documents to the completion of the letter of recommendation. Note that letters of recommendation will only be sent directly to the institution. You will be informed, as soon as we have mailed your letter.