You can submit a request for a recommendation letter if you have at least passed two exams of courses offered by the chair. It is of course even better if you have also written a seminar paper, a Bachelor thesis or Master thesis or if you are known to the staff through any other engagement at the chair (tutor, student assistant etc.).
If you have only passed Microeconomics we cannot provide a recommendation letter as the size of the class does not allow us to know a student in-person.
Since we are asked to write many recommendation letters every month, we require that you submit your request at least 20 days before the deadline of submission. This will ensure that your letter can be submitted on-time.
Your request needs to be accompanied by the following items (in one pdf-file):
- Your up-to-date CV
- Your transcript of grades
- A short statement why you want to apply for this program
- A list of all grades obtained in the lectures/seminars offered by the chair
About the program you apply for:
- The name of the program
- The instructions for the recommendation letter provided by the institution that asks for the letter, accompanied, if applicable, by the evaluation form to fill-in (already filled in with your personal details)
- The deadline of submission
- Email Address/postal address to which the letter needs to be submitted or, alternatively, indicate if you need a sealed letter handed over to you in-person (we do not provide open recommendation letters)