After the stay abroad, the conversion of your grade will no longer take place at the individual chairs where the Learning Agreement was applied for, as was previously the case, but will be carried out centrally by Mrs. Birgit Maier at the Dean's Office of the School of Business, Economics and Information Systems during the usual office hours. Please expect a processing time of about 2 weeks.
For the conversion you will need the following documents:
- the official Transcript of Records of the partner university in the original.
(If you only have an original digital document here, please have this confirmed in advance at the International Office. The confirmed copy will be forwarded directly to the Dean's Office by the International Office. Please note that the International Office can only certify a digital Transcript of Records if it has been sent directly to the International Office by the partner university).
- the original Individual Learning Agreements concluded before the start of your studies abroad with the module coordinators of the School of Business, Economics and Information Systems (Individual Learning Agreements concluded with module coordinators of other faculties must be submitted at the place where they were issued!) Please do not forget to sign the Individual Learning Agreements under "Declaration" before submitting them!
You can submit the Learning Agreements to the Examination Office after the grade conversion has been confirmed by the Dean's Office.
As of the summer semester 2017, the modified Bavarian formula will be used exclusively for grade conversion in accordance with the decision of the Examination Committee. The conversion is done in tenths of a grade; the resulting value is truncated after the first decimal place (not rounded).
Modified Bavarian formula
The formula is:
|x:||german grade sought|
highest achievable grade in the foreign grading system
lowest grade with which one has still passed
Information on foreign grading systems is provided by the Information Portal on the Recognition of Foreign Educational Qualifications of the Standing Conference of the Ministers of Education and Cultural Affairs. In case of doubt, recognition is based on the information available there.
In order to take account of systematic level differences in the awarding of grades, the following values for Nmax are used for the following countries, deviating from the nominal top grades:
|South Africa||80 %|
|United Kingdom||80 %|
(The list will be updated continuously!)
After the grade conversion, you can have your achievements from your study abroad recorded in HISQIS by the Examination Office. To do so, please submit the following documents to the Examination Office:
- the original and a copy of the Individual Learning Agreements concluded before the start of your studies abroad and supplemented by the grade conversion.
- if it is a separate document, the original and a copy of the grade conversion as well
- the original and a copy of the Transcript of Records (if you only have an original digital document, please have this confirmed in advance at the International Office)
- the form for the registration of stays abroad (German)
The originals will be returned to you immediately, the achievements will be entered.
Please also note the information on possible upgrading (German)!
Students who have completed a double master's degree in cooperation with a foreign partner university can apply for an "overview of the credits earned and recognized abroad" at the Dean's Office of the School of Business, Economics and Information Systems after completing their studies. A document is created which contains the exact designations of the study achievements completed at the foreign university, the corresponding Passau grade and the ECTS received for them, and is signed by the chairperson of the examination board. Please submit the following documents to the Dean's Office WiWi:
- the application for the preparation of an overview of the study achievements obtained and recognized abroad (German) (please download the document and fill it out digitally, print it out and submit it signed to the Dean's Office)
- the individual Learning Agreements (original, incl. grade conversion)
- the Transcript of Records (original)
In order to ensure that your application is processed as promptly as possible, please make sure that all documents are complete.
Due to the precautions related to the Corona crisis, we ask you to send your documents to the Dean's Office first by mail and additionally by email as a scan to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our postal address is:
Questions regarding Learning Agreements and grade conversion should be sent by e-mail to email@example.com.
Please note that processing may be additionally prolonged at the moment due to capacity reasons!
Thank you for your understanding.