1. Before you study abroad
Choose one or several courses which are offered at your host university and correspond to one of the courses offered by the Chair of Development Economics here. This comparability should apply both to the contents of the course and to the time needed to achieve the required ECTS.
Please note that a grade achieved in Passau can only be improved by prior registration for grade improvement with the Examination Office and then by a corresponding result in Passau. A grade already obtained in Passau cannot be improved by a grade obtained abroad!
2. Application for the Learning Agreement
- Module description (possible languages: German, English, French, Spanish), with information on
- the reading list of the course
- a detailed description of the contents of the course
- type and duration of assessment
- contact hours per week of the course
- duration of the semester at the host university
Please note: The issuing of the Learning Agreement is only possible if you hand in all required documents before your stay abroad!
Kindly note that the approval of the courses accomplished at a foreign university is exclusively the responsibility of the Prüfungssekretariat. The Chair cannot decide whether the course can be approved for your major. For questions concerning the approval of courses please contact the Prüfungssekretariat.
We cannot issue certificates ("Scheine") for courses accomplished at the host university!
3. The issuing of the Learning Agreement
We will inform you in good time whether the Learning Agreement can be issued or whether additional information is required. You will be notified when you can pick up the Learning Agreement from the secretary's office.
4. When you return from your study abroad
Please present the following documents to the Dean's Office for signing:
- the Learning Agreement issued by the Chair
- Certificate of achievement or Transcript of Records of the course (originals!)
Please note: All documents, especially the Transcript of Records, have to be presented in their original version (no copys or scans).
Preliminary confirmations/ prints from online grading-overviews are not sufficient!
Please see here for more information.