Assitant Professor (Akademischer Rat a.Z.)
Chair in Economic Theory, Prof. Dr. Johann Graf Lambsdorff
University of Passau, Germany
Center for Decision Research and Experimental Economics (CeDEx) and Centre for Research in the Behavioural Sciences (CRIBS), University of Nottingham, UK
Post address: Innstr. 27, D-94032 Passau
Behavioral and Experimental Economics, Experimental Macroeconomics, Economis of Corruption and Experimental Ethics, Online, Classroom and Lab-in-the-Field Experiments.
- Lambsdorff, J. Graf, Giamattei, M., Werner, K. (2016): How Fragile Is Conditional Cooperation? A Field Experiment with Smartphones during the 2014 Soccer World Cup. Journal of Behavioral Decision Making 30(2): 492-501. DOI: 10.1002/bdm.1968
- Giamattei, M., Lambsdorff, J. Graf (2015): Balancing the Current Account Experimental Evidence on Underconsumption. Experimental Economics 18(4): 679-696. DOI: 10.1007/s10683-014-9422-z.
- Lambsdorff, J. Graf, Schubert, M., Giamattei, M. (2013): On the Role of Heuristics - Experimental Evidence on Inflation Dynamics. Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control 37(6): 12131229.
- Giamattei, M., Scholz, M. (2010): Exploiting Correspondence Analysis to Visualize Product Spaces. Proceedings of the 7th Conference of the Italian Chapter of AIS, 2010, Naples, Italy.
Links to working paper
- classEx - an online software for classroom experiments. Together with Johann Graf Lambsdorff.
- Cold Turkey vs. Gradualism - Evidence on Disinflation Strategies from a Laboratory Experiment, Working Paper.
- Teaching Microeconomic Principles with Smartphones - Lessons from Classroom Experiments with classEx , Barcelona GSE Working Paper Series 996, with Humberto Llavador.
- To Bribe or Not To Bribe. . . An Extension to Lambsdorff & Frank (2007) Corruption Game. Seminar Paper (2009).
For a full list of working paper and work in project see the CV.
Teaching Award of the University of Passau (Preis für gute Lehre, 11/2017)
Dissertaion Award of the University of Passau (11/2016).
Dissertation Award "Helmut-Schmalen-Preis" , University of Passau (12/2015).
Dissertation Award "Heinz-Sauermann-Preis" , German Society for
Experimental Economics (GfeW, 09/2015).
Award "Heinz-Sauermann-Förderpreis" , German Society for
Experimental Economics (GfeW, 10/2013).
Press coverage is in German.
On the Lindau Nobel Laureate Meeting 2017
On using experiments for school education:
Interview on the role of the gold standard and gold reserves
Mittelbayerische Zeitung: Goldstandard und Goldreserven (14.08.2015).
Conferences and Workshops
Pre-conference workshop CBESS-CeDEx-CREED meeting, University of Nottingham, June 2017.
2nd Workshop on Experimental Economics for the Environment, Leibniz Centre for Tropical Marine Research, Bremen, February 2017.
Workshop, Universitat Autonoma, Barcelona, October 2016
Management and Behavioral Decision Making Seminar, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, Barcelona, October 2016
Internal Microeconomics Seminar, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, Barcelona, October 2016
Research Seminar, Justus-Liebig University Gießen, June 2016
International Meeting on Experimental and Behavioral Social Sciences, Rome, April 2016
Workshop Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT), February 2016
7th Southern Europe Experimental Team’s Meeting, Malta, January 2016
Workshop, Center for Research in Behavioural Sciences (CRIBS) University
of Nottingham, UK, December 2015
Workshop, University of Cambridge, UK, November 2015
III London Experimental Workshop, Middlesex University, November 2015
Workshop, Center for Decision Research and Experimental Economics
(CeDEx), University of Nottingham, UK, October 2015
NIBS Workshop, University of Nottingham, April 2015
European Meeting of the Economic Science Association (ESA) 2014, 2015
Seminar talk, RWTH Aachen, Germany, February 2014
GSE Summer Forum Workshop on Theoretical and Experimental Macroeconomics 2012, 2015.
- Experimental Ethics (master seminar, since 2015)
- Teaching with Classroom Experiments (Ph.D. workshop, since 2015)
- Behavioral Game Theory (master seminar, 2012-2015)
- Advanced Macroeconomics (master tutorial, since 2012)
- Macroeconomics (bachelor tutorial, since 2011)
- Experimental Economics (master seminar, 2012-2013)
- Business Process Managment (bachelor lecture, 2009-2011)
- Information Systems (bachelor tutorial, 2006-2011)
Senator, Senat, University of Passau. Elected Representative for all Scientific Staff (Research Assistants and Ph.D. Candidates), since October 2015
Speaker, Staff Assembly, University of Passau. Assembly of All Elected Representatives of the Scientific Staff, October 2013 - September 2017
Elected Representative , Faculty Board, Faculty of Business Administration and Economics, University of Passau, since October 2013
Appointed Representative , Board of the Graduate Center, University of Passau, April 2012 - March 2015