Assitant Professor (Akademischer Rat a.Z.)
Chair in Economic Theory, Prof. Dr. Johann Graf Lambsdorff
University of Passau, Germany
Center for Decision Research and Experimental Economics (CeDEx) and Centre for Research in the Behavioural Sciences (CRIBS)
University of Nottingham, UK
Post address: Innstr. 27, D-94032 Passau
Behavioral and Experimental Economics, Experimental Macroeconomics, Economis of Corruption and Experimental Ethics.
- Lambsdorff, J. Graf, Giamattei, M., Werner, K. (2016): How Fragile Is Conditional Cooperation? A Field Experiment with Smartphones during the 2014 Soccer World Cup. Journal of Behavioral Decision Making. Forthcoming. DOI: 10.1002/bdm.1968
- Giamattei, M., Lambsdorff, J. Graf (2015): Balancing the Current Account Experimental Evidence on Underconsumption. Experimental Economics 18(4): 679-696. DOI: 10.1007/s10683-014-9422-z.
- Lambsdorff, J. Graf, Schubert, M., Giamattei, M. (2013): On the Role of Heuristics - Experimental Evidence on Inflation Dynamics. Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control 37(6): 12131229.
- Giamattei, M., Scholz, M. (2010): Exploiting Correspondence Analysis to Visualize Product Spaces. Proceedings of the 7th Conference of the Italian Chapter of AIS, 2010, Naples, Italy.
Working paper and current projects
- classEx - an online software for classroom experiments. Together with Johann Graf Lambsdorff.
- Cold Turkey vs. Gradualism - Evidence on Disinflation Strategies from a Laboratory Experiment, Working Paper.
- Emotion vs. Cognition - Experimental Evidence on Cooperation from the 2014 Soccer World Cup , Under Review, with Johann Graf Lambsdorff, Katharina Werner and Manuel Schubert.
- The market for reviews: Strategic behaviour of online product reviewers in competitive review markets with monetary incentives. Awarded with the Heinz-Sauermann-Förderpreis of the German Experimental Association (GfeW e.V.). Together with Verena Dorner.
- What Motivates Impression Management? Between Good Business and Moral Cleansing , Working Paper, with Volker Nagel and Johann Graf Lambsdorff.
- To Bribe or Not To Bribe. . . An Extension to Lambsdorff & Frank (2007) Corruption Game. Seminar Paper (2009).
Dissertaion Award of the University of Passau (11/2016).
Dissertation Award "Helmut-Schmalen-Preis" , University of Passau (12/2015).
Dissertation Award "Heinz-Sauermann-Preis" , German Society for
Experimental Economics (GfeW, 09/2015).
Award "Heinz-Sauermann-Förderpreis" , German Society for
Experimental Economics (GfeW, 10/2013).
Conferences and Workshops
Workshop, Universitat Autonoma, Barceloma, October 2016
Management and Behavioral Decision Making Seminar, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, Barceloma, October 2016
Internal Microeconomics Seminar, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, Barceloma, October 2016
Research Seminar, Justus-Liebig University Gießen, June 2016
International Meeting on Experimental and Behavioral Social Sciences, Rome, April 2016
Workshop Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT), February 2016
7th Southern Europe Experimental Team’s Meeting, Malta, January 2016
Workshop, Center for Research in Behavioural Sciences (CRIBS) University
of Nottingham, UK, December 2015
Workshop, University of Cambridge, UK, November 2015
III London Experimental Workshop, Middlesex University, November 2015
Workshop, Center for Decision Research and Experimental Economics
(CeDEx), University of Nottingham, UK, October 2015
NIBS Workshop, University of Nottingham, April 2015
European Meeting of the Economic Science Association (ESA) 2014, 2015
Seminar talk, RWTH Aachen, Germany, February 2014
GSE Summer Forum Workshop on Theoretical and Experimental Macroeconomics 2012, 2015.
- Experimental Ethics (master seminar, since 2015)
- Teaching with Classroom Experiments (Ph.D. workshop, since 2015)
- Behavioral Game Theory (master seminar, since 2012)
- Advanced Macroeconomics (master tutorial, since 2012)
- Macroeconomics (bachelor tutorial, since 2011)
- Experimental Economics (master seminar, 2012-2013)
- Business Process Managment (bachelor lecture, 2009-2011)
- Information Systems (bachelor tutorial, 2006-2011)
Senator, Senat, University of Passau. Elected Representative for all Scientific Staff (Research Assistants and Ph.D. Candidates), since October 2015
Speaker, Staff Assembly, University of Passau. Assembly of All Elected Representatives of the Scientific Staff, since October 2013 vice-speaker, since October 2015 speaker
Elected Representative , Faculty Board, Faculty of Business Administration and Economics, University of Passau, since October 2013
Appointed Representative , Board of the Graduate Center, University of Passau, April 2012 - March 2015